To create a buzz Blogger community was involved and was invited to test-drive the car for a week. Their finding from respective blogs were collected into a central blog, at http://www.aurisblog.gr.
A banner campaign was also run inviting general public to request a test-drive, which could also win them a 4-star hotel weekend in
The Auris Blog campaign lasted for 10 weeks. There were 85 requests from Greek Bloggers and the car was given to 15 of them. The campaign highlights were:
· 55 different posts, most of them with photos and videos. (A digital camera was given as a gift to the bloggers).
· 175 comments to the posts.
· More than 52,000 visits by 41,000 unique visitors to the Auris Blog.
· Overall response rate of the banner campaign was at 4.75%.
· 2,000 test-drive requests were submitted from this campaign, accounting for 50% of the total test-drive requests received through all channels (phone, in-store, events or promotions).
In January 2006, IAMAI had taken views of few online experts on high usage of Internet as a marketing tool by carmakers - http://www.iamai.in/section.php3?secid=21&press_id=794&mon=1
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]